More about Peru
- Population: 29.4 million (UN, 2011)
- Major languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara
- Main exports: Fish and fish products, copper, zinc, gold, crude petroleum and by-products, lead, coffee, sugar, cotton
- The country experienced an economic boom in the 2000s, and in 2011 Peru was said to have one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
Please find below further sources of inspiration about the campaign…
Peruvian Hass Avocado Association
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Facebook
Read our blog
Watch our video
More about Chile
- Chile is the second largest producer and exporter of avocados.
- Chile is the second largest producer of salmon and the largest exporter of farmed salmon in the world.
- 7.3 million people enjoy Chilean salmon every day around the world.
- Chile is an important producer and exporter of meat. Chilean Patagonia lamb is world-renowned.
- Chilean fresh fruit exports reached USD 3.2 billion in 2010, representing almost 60% of all fresh fruit exports from the Southern Hemisphere.
- 25 million people eat Chilean fruit every day around the world.
- Chile has more than 450 years of winemaking history.
- In 2010 global exports of Chilean wine reached USD 1.6 billion.
- Every day 9.8 million people drink a glass of Chilean wine.
- Carmenere is a vine that was rediscovered in Chile some years ago and is recognised as an emblematic wine variety of the country.
Chilean Hass Avocado Committee